Love tater tots? Us too! In less than 30 minutes, you can make this healthy twist on an old classic!
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To cook the cauliflower florets, steam 2 cups of raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes. They should be tender but not mushy. Then dry them on a paper towel.
- Finely chop the cooked florets.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
*Makes about 32 – 34 tots
Servings: 4 • Size: 8 tots • Calories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 10 g • Carb: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 397 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 47 mg
Recipe curated from Skinnytaste.com.
To work with a nutrition coach who will share recipes and meal planning tips with you, click here!