Baked goods aren’t off limits! Make a batch of these delicious, protein packed bars to have on hand for a quick and easy recipe for a breakfast, afternoon snack, or late night sweet treat. You can even make a double batch and freeze a portion of the recipe to always have a sweet but smart snack on hand!
- 4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Stevia (raw) or Xylitol
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple – grated (large holes)
1. Spray an 8×8 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, no-cal sweetener, cottage cheese and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix again.
3. Fold in grated apple and mix until combined. Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Recipe curated from BodyBuilding.com
To work with a nutrition coach who will share recipes and meal planning tips with you, click here and get your first week free!