This easy dinner recipe is impressive enough to serve to company, but is simple enough to whip together on a weekday. And it’s nutritious too! Can’t get much better than that.
Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 chicken pieces (chicken breast, thighs, etc.)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- ½ cup vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 425. Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet that’s safe for stovetop and oven. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and brown on both sides; about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set it on the side, leaving oil in skillet. Add artichokes, onions, carrots and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally. Add chopped garlic and spinach; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add broth and chicken.
Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Plate and ladle liquid and veggies over chicken pieces and enjoy!
Servings: 4 • Size: about 1.75 cups • Calories: 390 • Fat: 19 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 7 g • Protein: 38 g • Sugar: 5 g • Sodium: 640 mg
Recipe curated from Diethood
To work with a nutrition coach who will share recipes and meal planning tips with you, click here and get your first week free!