A cheesy omelette that is healthy enough to eat every morning? The secret to this easy breakfast recipe the use of Light Laughing Cow Cheese! Sub the bell pepper and zucchini for leftover roasted veggies from the previous evening’s dinner to skip a step of cooking the vegetables. Because who doesn’t want to sleep in an extra 5 minutes?
- 2 scallions chopped small (about 1/4 cup)
- 3-4 strips of red bell pepper chopped small (about 1/4 cup)
- 4-5 slices of zucchini chopped small (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 wedge of The Laughing Cow Swiss Light
- Pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Chop the veggies. (You could add anything you have on hand- spinach, green pepper, yellow squash, onion, etc)
- Spray the skillet with a little non-stick spray and add the vegetables. While the veggies are cooking add the 2 eggs, The Laughing Cow wedge, and a pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to a small bowl or coffee mug. Whisk with a fork, breaking up the cheese. It probably won’t incorporate completely but is it okay to have little chunks.
- When vegetables are tender and slightly browned, remove them from the skillet and set aside. Spray again and add the egg mixture. Swirl the pan around to evenly distribute the egg. Let it set for a few second and add the cooked vegetables back on top.
- Run your spatula around the edge of the egg and then fold one side 1/3 over so the end is now in the middle. Fold over the other side to slightly overlap it and create a tri-fold omelet. Serve immediately.
Recipe curated from Green Lite Bites
To work with a nutrition coach who will share recipes and meal planning tips with you, click here and get your first week free!