Healthy Mexican food? Yes, please! You can throw this salad together in less than 10 minutes! Feel free to use leftover chicken or swap for another protein you have in your fridge.
- ½ lb spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (made from whole chicken)
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup salsa
- Favorite vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Baby carrots, as side dish
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl. Toss together with the shredded chicken, corn, black beans and salsa. Drizzle your favorite vinaigrette dressing over the top and toss. Add some crushed tortilla chips to the salad just before serving, or to each bowl.
- For the side dish, eat the baby carrots raw. You could also place them in a small baking dish and drizzle some olive oil and maple syrup over the top. Then roast them at 400 for about 20 minutes, or until softened.
- Serve Chicken Taco Salad with carrots.
To work with a nutrition coach who will share recipes and meal planning tips with you, click here!